Skip to main content

One-sided love? You learn a lot.

I remember sitting alongside a girl I liked, feeling electrified while looking into her big green eyes. I remember us getting stuck in a conversation, discovering things we had in common. I always hated the fact that she never felt the same, I mean how can it be possible for her not feeling the same as I did. I remember each time I trusted her again, sooner or later, she found a way to defy me. My feelings meant nothing to her, and for her love, she would make me sacrifice it.

That night I went to sleep under the night sky, thinking about her the whole night, sometimes praying, but feeling a bit lonely. I wanted to get over her,  but I knew it wasn't that simple. Every time she needed someone I was always there for her. I just wanted to make her feel that there is someone for her, and I was never able to understand that my relationship was slowly getting parasitic. I always wanted a mutual relationship, but the fact that I was chasing her, made it an impossible task.

I remember the time when I compared myself to the lover of my love. I used to cry myself to sleep thinking why wasn't I like him. I learned a lot, but it was just another stupid mistake imitating him. I could have been much better when I was myself, rather than trying to be someone else. Love changed my life in a way I can't explain, but the truth is that I love this change, and I am glad that I had the opportunity to experience it.

One-sided love is one of the most beautiful experiences, sometimes referred to as the most painful one. You never realize the fact that it does end the opportunities of having a healthy relationship with someone who would love you the way you wanted. I remember ignoring amazing people, only to be with you, and I remember the way you ignored me to be with someone you liked the most. Some would call it Karma, but for me, it was a life lesson. You look into your past and then blame yourself for the things that have happened, but the reality is that you learn the best only from your own experiences.

There's a lot to say about one-sided love, but I'd make it non-existent if I could. Yes, you heard that right, the world would have been an ideal place if that were the case. Being realistic makes things a bit more complicated and little tough to face. Not all people are meant to be with you for a lifetime, but you hate it even more if the person you love doesn't love you back. Your partner does care about you, and you do not accept the fact that your love would never love you. It's like keeping a hopeless hope, and by the time we realize that it would never be like that before, it's already too late.

In the end, I was always alone, but the reason that I cared about her more than myself, made it worse. The only advice I would give you is not to assume that you are strong enough to handle stuff, remember sometimes you can get yourself stuck in the situations where you need a right partner, not only to deal with stuff but also to help you get over that. If your partner is making you weak, then it might be an appropriate time to leave. Giving up on someone is tough, you might need someone's help, but I suggest you, choose your friends wisely.

So, the four things that I would like you to learn from this article are -
1. It's impossible to control the way we love people, but the way we treat them is what that matters.
2. Never compare yourself with the lover of your love, nobody is perfect.
3. There's a lot to learn from people, but that doesn't mean you copy them.
4. Try to get yourself a person who is trustworthy and can behave maturely at the time of need.

Comments

  1. This topic was suggested to me by one of my friends. Suggest me topics in the comments section or personally on my email, and I would let you know when I post it. Thank you for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go jayant! That was really heart touching.. i wish you find your way out in this situation.. 👏♥️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your wishes. Means a lot!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To the PUBG partner

I remember our lives before we started playing this game, and I remember how one game became a medium for our late night conversations. One of those conversations took us to the coffee house and planted seeds of an unexpected relationship. Even though it seems weird, but this game was the only medium I had to connect with you. But soon, I realised that your love for this game was much more than your love for me. Soon, emerged the moment of our separation, where there were no chances of sharing paths anymore. The tales of this game don't end here. The plot has a lot of twist and turns. One such was the inception of reunion revolution. Who would have thought that a game might have the potential of bringing back the lost connection? Alongside the gameplay, there were people around you to talk. It never lets you feel alone. It doesn't matter if you call it a medium to escape reality or anything else. I recognised the importance of this game when I was not able to add one of my f

TO THE PEOPLE WHO JUDGE

Judgment is a natural innate, but we can try to be mindful. We may always think things in the third person's perspective to get an overall overview of an ongoing situation. So, next time you find yourself yelling at someone rash driving, ask yourself, "Have I ever driven poorly?" Of course, we all have. Each person you cross your paths with is struggling in one way or other. Some people are better at hiding it. In the place you live, one incident would be enough to describe you. You can't hide, it's brave to face the pain rather than pretending that you don't care. We can not control the past, but we can surely make our future better. Our words might affect the livelihoods of many which we might never know. Afterall, it's impossible to get what's going on in other person's life. Don't feel guilty if you had made a decision that might upset some people. You're not questionable for your happiness. At the same time judging people of things

Catcalling and its Consequences

You might have talked about the problems that women face due to catcalling. Ever talked about its consequences? Is it only the women who are affected? There are always two sides to a story, and we generally tend to forget about the other. Catcalling has its effects on different people in a different manner. For those who don't know what catcalling is, here is a little definition. The term catcalling refers to rude sexual remarks made by men on women passing down the street. Catcalls are about women's body as a whole or a specific feature. There is a big difference between a catcall and a compliment. Every person likes and deserves to get compliments, but hearing a shout in the middle of a street regarding a body part along with sounds of kissing is never flattering. It makes women feel insecure, and it does hurt them when someone objectifies them. Catcallers may find the words harmless, but women may interpret them as the precursor to any possible physical threat. There is n